Jill brings the following, broad-based experience to her mediation practice:
As a Mediator, Jill leverages her unparalleled legal and workplace expertise with her skills as an active listener and creative problem solver, her reputation for fairness, and her calm and non-judgmental, yet rational and practical, approach to help the parties find resolutions to even the most difficult workplace disputes.
As an Employment Attorney, Jill has spent over 20 years successfully negotiating creative solutions to avoid and resolve hundreds of workplace disputes ranging from informal complaints to administrative charges to state and federal court litigation.
As a Professor and Professional Speaker, Jill teaches attorneys, aspiring attorneys and others about dispute resolution and labor and employment law, with a particular focus on best practices for avoiding and resolving workplace disputes and litigation.
Jill has Extensive, Practical, Real-World Experience handling all types of employment disputes, such as:
- Discrimination and harassment such as race, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, religion, veteran status, citizenship, pregnancy or other characteristic protected by law or employer policy
- Disability discrimination and failure to accommodate
- Retaliation and whistleblowing
- Compensation, promotion, demotion, or other employment actions
- Involuntary terminations such as discharges, layoffs, mass layoffs/plant closing
- Breach of contract such as executive disputes, confidentiality agreements, restrictive covenants and breach of trade secrets
- Wage and Hour/Fair Labor Standards Act
- Family and Medical leave and other leaves of absence
- Torts such as defamation, negligence, invasion of privacy
- Other workplace claims such as FCRA, HIPAA, ERISA, GINA, etc.
Jill is also a “Life-Long Learner” and has supplemented her practical, real-life experience with well over 100 hours of mediation training including but not limited to:
- 40+ Hour Mediating the Litigated Case program at the Strauss Institute for Dispute Resolution at Pepperdine University School of Law (6 days); August 2016 Click to download the certification
- 40 Hour Performance-Based Mediation Skills Training at Chicago’s Center for Conflict Resolution (CCR) (5 days); April/May 2016 Click to download the certification
- 40 Hour Wisconsin Special Education Mediation System Mediation Skills Training; September 2017
- 6-part Mediation Webinar Series (6 hours in 2016 and 6 hours in 2017) by the American Bar Association (ABA)
Additionally, Jill is a member of several organizations including:
- Wisconsin Bar Association (Board Member, Labor and Employment Law Section; Board Member, Dispute Resolution Section)
- American Bar Association (Labor and Employment Law Section, Dispute Resolution Section
- Milwaukee Bar Association (MBA)
- Wisconsin Association of Mediators (WAM)
- Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Association for Women Lawyers (AWL)
- Labor and Employment Relations Association (LERA)